New American Leadership Institute
Applications for the 2018 New American Leadership Institute are now CLOSED.
Please check back for updates as NALI progresses. Applications will reopen for the spring cohort in early 2019.
About the Program
The New American Leadership Training Program is a six-week training designed for existing and emerging immigrant and refugee leaders in the City of Baltimore. The training will provide New Americans with the tools and information on how to navigate government and civic organizations, while effectively utilizing leadership skills to become active participants on behalf of their communities.
- Strengthen leadership skills of immigrant and refugee participants
- Develop a network of immigrant and refugee leaders
- Prepare immigrants and refugees to navigate and engage local government and key city agencies
- Increase immigrant and refugee civic participation in municipal government, community associations, and boards
- Promote immigrant and refugee integration at a neighborhood level
- Empower immigrant leaders in Baltimore City to act as representatives on behalf of their respective communities
|Topic||Date & Time||Location|
|Session I: Leadership 101||Wednesday, Sept. 26, 6:00 - 8:00 PM||City Hall|
|Session II: Navigating Government||Wednesday, Oct. 10, 5:30 - 8:30 PM||City Hall|
|Session III: Environmental Stewardship||Wednesday, Oct. 17, 5:30 - 8:30 PM||Ashburton Filtration Plant|
|Session IV: Government Entities & Community Resources||Saturday, Oct. 27, 10:15 AM - 1:15 PM||Waverly Library|
|Session V: People, Power, & Perspective||Saturday, Nov. 3, 10:15 AM - 1:15 PM||Living Classrooms UA House|
|Session VI: In My Neighborhood & Graduation Ceremony||Wednesday, Nov. 7, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM||City Hall